RECORD AUDIO DIALOGUE WITH OUR NEW AUDIO FEATURE OF MAKEBELIEFSCOMIX. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR RECORDING AUDIO!
Dear comic creator,
Looking for a great, fun way to PRACTICE a new foreign language you are learning in class? Use our new audio feature to record the words you have typed into the talk and thought balloons for the comic story you created with MakeBeliefsComix. Record your text in any panel and play back to hear your voice. Share your recording with your teacher.
Using audio to narrate comic stories can be a good way for students to explain and show their understanding of non-fiction things like historical events and people. You can use the audio to elaborate on your comic strips and explain complex concepts or tell a story about the characters in the comix.
Asked by your teacher to CREATE a comic about a book you’ve just read? Record the voices of the fictional characters you used in your comic review. Have more fun by changing your voice for each character or work with a partner and take turns playing the different characters speaking from their text balloons. If, for example, you decide to create a comic summarizing a book you have read, why not use the audio to extend the book’s story and imagine what happens later on to the characters in their lives.
- Record a JOKE told by a character in her or his comic story
- Record your characters SINGING A SONG they expressed in the comic panels.
- Have your characters READ SOME POETRY they’ve written.
- Record the text in NARRATION boxes you use in your comics.
- Consider recording some MUSIC to serve as background for your comic story.
- Record a character’s thoughts or worries.
- Teachers can also use the audio feature as a way to record a student’s reading progress and screen for problems, such as dyslexia, where the student may need help.
LISTEN TO AND LEARN from the recordings you have made and how you sound. Are you speaking too softly or too loud? Do you speak clearly or rush and mumble your words? Is your pronunciation good or does it need more work? The audio feature gives you a chance to hear yourself and progress. In class, invite your teacher to listen to your recordings so that he or she can effectively coach you.
Please let us know how you use the new audio feature. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you and enjoy!
The audio feature can be found on the Create Comix! page where you build your comic strips and in the tool box under the first panel. When on any comic panel click on the audio icon in the tool section below the panel (indicated here with blue arrow). This will insert the audio controls into your panel. The microphone icon will turn RED when the audio feature is activated. PLEASE NOTE: You MUST insert the audio panel in front of any objects, backgrounds, characters, etc., that you have in your panel. Use the "BRING TO FRONT" tool to position the audio controls in front of any other items in your panel.
Click on the "START RECORDING" button. Speak clearly so your device microphone can record your audio. Avoid background noise that may interfere with your voice. You may record your audio for up to 5 minutes.
Click on the "STOP RECORDING" control when finished.
Click on the "PLAY" control to listen to your recently recorded audio. If you are not happy with your recording click on the "ERASE AND RECORD" control and follow steps 2 and 3.
- YOU MUST FIRST CLICK ON THE AUDIO ICON TO ENGAGE THE AUDIO FEATURE ON ANY PANEL!
- YOU MAY ADD THE AUDIO FEATURE TO ANY PANEL BUT YOU MUST FIRST CLICK ON THE AUDIO ICON TO ENGAGE THE AUDIO FEATURE ON ANY PANEL
- YOU MAY SAVE YOUR COMIC AS USUAL AND KEEP THE AUDIO FEATURE IN ORDER TO HEAR YOUR VOICE AGAIN WHEN YOU LOAD YOUR SAVED COMIC
- WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR COMIC AGAIN FROM YOUR LIBRARY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR THE AUDIO AGAIN
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EMAIL ANY COMICS WITH THE AUDIO FEATURE! THE AUDIO FEATURE WILL NOT FUNCTION ON AN EMAILED COMIC.