"ANGELS AMONG US"
A Way to Honor the Special Angels in Our Lives Who Do Good
One of my favorite comic strips is Red and Rover (artist: Brian Basset) about the great love between a boy and his dog. In a recent comic (https://www.gocomics.com/redandrover/2023/10/04 ), Red asks, ‘’Do you think angels are real?’’ Rover answers, ‘’Yes, of course!’’ because of ‘’All the thousands of volunteers at animal shelters around the world.’’
Like Rover, I also want to believe there are angels in our lives, whether human ones or spiritual ones. I want to believe that they are among us and are always present when our days grow harsh and we need comfort.
As I deal with serious health issues, I look for angels in my life, whether doctors, nurses, caring friends, family, or spiritual forces.. While we may not always see winged, spiritual beings, we can find people along the way who are just plain good and kind, and are there for us to help us. For me, one such human angel was my childhood teacher who would stay day after day with me after school to help me gain enough confidence to learn how to read. She never gave up on me. Other angels may come to us in a spiritual form, reflecting our need to believe in goodness.
I asked cartoonist Tom Bloom to draw some angels we might use in our comic strip stories to acknowledge and pay honor to the goodness of others. Below, too, are comic story ideas about angels which you are welcome to explore with our comic generator.
STORY IDEAS FOR ANGEL COMIC STRIPS ARE LISTED BELOW!
Select a character to represent you when you pose a question or make a statement to one of the angels, whether you choose a human one or a flying spiritual being.
YOU CAN FIND A SELECTION OF ANGEL CHARACTERS BY GOING TO THE CREATE COMIX PAGE AND CLICKING ON THE CHARACTERS ICON IN THE FEATURE TRAY UNDER THE COMIC PANELS.
- What angels do you know – human or spiritual? When did they enter your life? What did they do or say for you?
- An angel speaks to you. What do they say?
- You seek out an angel and ask for help
- An angel sings to you
- An angel’s rules for life
- Tell the angel what is in your heart
- Tell the angel about when someone has been there for you when you needed some support and a way to break out of your fear and isolation.
- Create a comic about a human angel who was very good to you as a child and whom you will always remember. What did they teach you?
- An angel has bestowed you with a tiny miracle. What is it?
- What do you want to ask an angel? What will it answer?
- The angel tells you how to live your life
- The person asks the angel: How does one become an angel?
- This angel has had a hard day. Here are some of the acts they performed.
- Boy or girl asks angel: Can you offer some wise words to me to make me feel less alone and frightened?
- Kids to angels: Do angels have their own language? Say something in ‘’angel’’ language for me, please? I want to hear and learn.
- Angels express their hopes for the world
- Imagine you commanded a team of angels that you could send throughout the world to solve terrible problems and make things better for humanity. What are some of the missions you would assign each angel to achieve?
Please consider sharing your angel comic strips with MakeBeliefsComix and offering additional story ideas; write to email@example.com