NEW: COMIC STRIP STARTERS ABOUT CURRENT EVENTS
ARE YOU UP ON THE NEWS? USE THESE TEMPLATES TO MAKE COMICS EXPRESSING YOUR VIEWS!
CLICK HERE TO READ OUR LESSON PLAN ON USING COMICS TO TEACH CURRENT EVENTS! SCROLL TO SECTION 8.
- Click on the comic strip starter panel below which poses a question that interests you.
- Your chosen starter panel will then appear as the first panel on the Create Comix! page. Name your comic and fill in the author’s name.
- Next, add another panel and choose a comic character to represent you, and place that character in the second comic panel. Or, if you prefer, you can use one of our colorful stationery sheets to write your response. You can access the stationery in the feature tray at the bottom of the Create Comix! Page.
- Then, if you’re using a character to speak for you, type your response to the question into a talk or balloon for your chosen character. If, instead, you are using a stationery sheet, then type directly on that page. Add more panels if you need more space to express your view.
- Now you have the beginning of a comic strip which you can keep building if you wish.
We hope you will enjoy this new Comic Starters feature. You can contact us at email@example.com with your own ideas for news writing prompts on subjects that interest you.