Try Our New Sock Puppet Characters for your comic-making!
To find them, go to our CREATE COMIX PAGE -- the page on which you create your comic strips – and look at the bottom of the page to the second row of icons until you find the new Play Sock Puppets icon (see picture). Just click on it and you’re in business for more summer fun.
Here are some ideas on how to use them:
- Have the puppets sing songs or create new lyrics as each character adds a new line to a song you are writing.
- Create ‘’He said, she said’’ comic panels in which your characters express different points of view on a subject; this could be useful to practice debating.
- Express what’s on your mind – the good and the bad, the happy and sad – even the mad.
- Have characters whisper secrets to one another.
- Use the talking sock heads to bounce ideas off one another.
- Play ‘’Pass it on’’ — create a multi-panel comic strip in which a character whispers a message and see how the next person relays and changes that message as it is passed on from character to character.
- Email short messages to your friends and family using the sock puppet comics you create.
- Choose a talking puppet to represent you and have them talk to you about what’s on your mind or help you think through a problem.
- Have the faces express a new language you have created for yourself and friends.
We’re sure you’ll have a million better ideas of your own. Enjoy and smile!