HERE'S THE COMIC...NOW WRITE THE STORY!
NEW WRITING FUN: USE COMICS TO INSPIRE YOUR WRITING!
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Often, when we look at comic pictures like the ones on this page, we immediately start using our imaginations to understand them -- we make up stories about them. As you look below at the whimsical drawings by Tom Bloom who also creates the comic characters of MakeBeliefsComix, free your mind and begin making up stories about the pictures, the wilder the better. Use the templates on this page to build your own picture storybook.
- Click on the comic strip starter panel below which shows a drawing that appeals to you.
- Your chosen starter panel will then appear as the first and second panel on the Create Comix! page.
- Name your comic or story title and fill in the author's name.
- In the second lined interactive page type your story. If you run out of space, then add another lined panel which can be found in the Stationery section in the top tray of the Create Comix! page.
- You may even want to add more panels to continue your story, this time using the site’s characters.
- When done, you can print or email your comic and story to a friend or relative.
PRINT OR EMAIL YOUR COMIX AND ADD IT TO YOUR JOURNALING/ART PORTFOLIO. YOU'LL TAKE PRIDE AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL TERM!
You can also use the pictures on this page as conversation starters for two-member teams of classmates or friends, with each person contributing ideas or lines for an accompanying story. We hope you will enjoy this new ‘’Now Write the Story!’’ feature. You can send your stories and your own drawings to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The drawings featured here are from the "Pocket Doodles for Kids" and "Pocket Doodles for Young Artists" comic book series created by Bill Zimmerman (founder of MakeBeliefsComix) and drawn by Tom Bloom. The books can be found at AMAZON.com